Here is how I make frosting. If I want to decorate flowers like roses I use the stiff consistency. I use medium for stars, and borders and thin for writing and icing the cake.
Start with Stiff then add one teaspoon at a time to make it thinner.
STIFF:; (for flowers with upright)
1 ts Clear vanilla extract (I use 1/2 t butter flavoring and 1/2 t vanilla)
2 tb Water
1 c Shortening
1 tb Meringue Powder
1 lbSifted powdered sugar
MEDIUM:; (for borders, flowers)
1 tbAdditional water
THIN:; (for writing, making stems)
2 tbAdditional water
*Note: Clear butter & clear almond extracts can be included with or substituted for the vanilla. Flavorings can be up to a total of 2 t.
DIRECTIONS: Sift the powdered sugar and meringue powder into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Cream shortening, flavorings and water. Gradually add sifted dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together. Blend an additional minute or so until creamy.
No comments:
Post a Comment